When managing funds, the Japan Post Group will give due consideration to the public and social nature of funds and actively contribute to the vitalization of the community and the building of a sustainable society.
Japan Post Bank
Japan Post Bank established an ESG investment policy based on growing demands from stakeholders for addressing social issues such as climate change and supporting TCFD recommendations, and conducts investments based on this policy.
We invest in green bonds and social bonds issued by companies around the world. In addition, from the perspective of contributing to regional vitalization in Japan, we will respond to the risk money needs of regional communities by supplying funds through regional vitalization funds.
- ESG Investment Policy-Japan Post Bank
Specific examples of investment
Through investing in green and social bonds issued by business corporations all over the world, Japan Post Bank makes use of investment activities to contribute to the development of a sustainable society.
Japan Post Insurance
Japan Post Insurance invests from the perspective of fulfilling its social responsibilities as a life insurance company based on the ESG Investment Policy with the aim of realizing a sustainable society, improving investment results, and controlling risks in the long term.
In the fiscal year ended March 31, 2021, in addition to investing in bonds aimed at protecting the natural environment and supporting gender equality, we have expanded our ESG investments base to include corona bonds aimed at supporting measures against COVID-19.
In addition to considering ESG elements for the entire asset portfolio, we focus on the "enhancement of well-being," "development of local communities and society," and "contribution to environmental protection" as initiative themes and make investments with "warmth" unique to Japan Post Insurance.
- ESG Investment Policy-Japan Post Insurance
Specific examples of investment
Japan Post Insurance has made following investments in accordance with its ESG Investment Policy. Major examples of theme-based investment are listed below (links to the official Japan Post Insurance website).
Major themed investment examples
- Investment in Climate Awareness Bond (Japanese)
- Japan Post Insurance invests in first-ever Shogun Green Bond issued by the World Bank (Japanese)
- Investment in a social bond issued by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) (Japanese)
- Investment in a Sustainability Awareness Bond - the support for measures to tackle COVID-19 - (Japanese)
- Investment in a Sustainable Development Bond-- Support for measures to tackle COVID-19 - (Japanese)
- Investment in first EBRD's "Green Transition Bond" exclusively placed with a Japanese investor ~to support the transition of high carbon intensive industries to low carbon ones~
- Investment in IBRD's Green Bond ~to support Green Recovery (the transition to sustainable low-carbon society amid COVID-19)~
- Investment in IADB's Sustainable Development Bonds ~Support for the purchase and distribution of vaccines through an international framework "COVAX"~ (Japanese)
- Investment in IADB's Sustainable Development Bonds ~to support One Health approach that considers and protects "health" in humans, animals and the global environment as a single entity~ (Japanese)
- Investment in ADB's Education Bonds ~to support School Education, Vocational Training and Gender Equality in the Asia and Pacific Region~ (Japanese)
- Investment in Société Nationale SNCF SA's Green Bond ~to support Green Recovery (the realization of sustainable society after COVID-19 Crisis)~ (Japanese)